Organization: The Coalition for Dialogue and Negotiations (CDN)
Time type: Part time
Job requisition ID: JDCDN001
The Coalition for Dialogue and Negotiations (CDN) is an international organization currently engaged in seeking justice and peace in the ongoing armed conflict between pro-independence non-state armed groups (NSAGs) and the government of Cameroon. The CDN is engaged with multiple actors and seeks to work with NSAGs to mitigate the affliction and hardship of the already suffering civilian population but also to hold government actors and others accountable for human right violations. While the CDN relentlessly working for a mediated political solution to the conflict, the organization is working to protect the rights of children and women, including access to education, humanitarian aid, and the reduction of gender-based violence. We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Data Analyst to join our program team.
Under the Strategic Engagement of Stakeholders towards Dialogue and Negotiations in the Armed Conflict in Cameroons, the Finance and Accounts Officer will work closely with the Director of Finance as the resource officer ensuring that budgeting, all financial transactions, reporting, fiduciary, and fiscal duties are carried out. The officer will monitor spend, enforce governance, create reports and statements, file taxes and support fund raising efforts.
The successful candidate will use their accounting, financial and reporting skills to support the Board of Directors on the following:
• Track spend
• Ensure all approved invoices and reimbursements are paid.
• Develop quarterly, annual and adhoc reports as needed
• Produce annual financial statements
• File federal taxes, state taxes and any federal or state filings and reporting that need to be done.
• Support the finance Director in producing annual budget forecasts
• Coordinate and manage fund raising drives.
• Provide financial analyses and support on various projects
• Provide all accounting support to the team
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• Knowledge and experience in financial reporting such as financial statements and cashflows.
• Knowledge and experience in federal and state fiduciary requirements: filing of taxes and reports.
• Excellent reporting and data management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently with the key stakeholders.
• Strong planning and organizing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work effectively towards deadlines.
• Attention-to-detail and accuracy.
• Flexibility-Multi-task Adaptability.
• Ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a courteous and professional manner.
• Knowledge of and experience working as an accountant, resource manager/officer or financial analyst.
• Proficiency in excel
• Good working experience using various office tools such as word and PowerPoint
• Experience supporting multiple projects.
• Experience with NGOs and CSO is a great advantage.
• Finance degree a plus.
• Fluent in English
WORKING CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
• Remote working.
• Part time: Hours and remuneration to be discussed.
• Ability to travel domestically at least 25%.
• Position requires an accounting or Finance degree from an accredited university with 5 years of experience OR an associate degree with 7 years of experience.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
The CDN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The CDN will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
The CDN fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.