Organization: The Coalition for Dialogue and Negotiations (CDN)
Time Type: Part-time
Job requisition ID: JDCDN003
The Coalition for Dialogue and Negotiations (CDN) is an international organization currently engaged in seeking justice and peace in the ongoing armed conflict between pro-independence non-state armed groups (NSAGs) and the government of Cameroon. The CDN is engaged with multiple actors and seeks to work with NSAGs to mitigate the affliction and hardship of the already suffering civilian population but also to hold government actors and others accountable for human right violations. While the CDN relentlessly working for a mediated political solution to the conflict, the organization is working to protect the rights of children and women, including access to education, humanitarian aid, and the reduction of gender-based violence. We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Data Analyst to join our program team.
Under the Strategic Engagement of Stakeholders towards Dialogue and Negotiations in the Armed Conflict in Cameroons, the Data Analyst will work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to ensure the development of systems for data collection, data accuracy, and data analytics to monitor and report on progress of project outcomes. The Data Analyst will provide technical assistance on data quality, trends, and insights to our government customer and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will use their enthusiasm and strong analytical skills to assist the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer on the following:
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• Coordinate and acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex and large data sets.
• Develop and maintain metadata definitions, business rules and contextual information for data/information systems.
• Support studies by analyzing data, organizing findings, and drafting technical papers/studies and other technical white papers.
• Prepare and present papers and briefs on the results of the analytical studies.
• Provide support to the program team in developing, maintaining, and disseminating analytical models and methodologies that can be applied in assessing project progress and outcomes.
• Conduct reviews/evaluations to identify new data/information sources to improve project effectiveness, progress, and realization of outcomes.
• Maintain, enhance, and develop the application database resource guides, training manuals and system brochures.
• Conduct user acceptance testing as new safety databases and analytical capabilities are deployed.
• Knowledge of, and ability to work with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
• Proficiency in data analysis software.
• Ability to apply analytic methodologies and principles to help define project objectives and strategic direction.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Machine learning, data wrangling, and data visualization skills.
• Must be able to work independently with the key stakeholders.
• Strong planning and organizing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work effectively towards deadlines.
• Attention-to-detail and accuracy.
• Flexibility-Multi-task Adaptability.
• Ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a courteous and professional manner.
• Knowledge of and experience working with programming tools like Java, SQL, Python, R etc.
• Working experience using various data tools such.
• Experience in managing or leading Federal IT projects with large teams preferred.
• Experience supporting multiple projects.
• Experience with aviation data is preferred.
• STEM degree from an accredited university.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
• Remote working
• Part time: Hours and remuneration to be discussed.
• Ability to travel domestically at least 25%.
• Position requires BS/BA in a STEM discipline from an accredited university with 7 years of experience OR a MS/MA degree in a STEM discipline with 5 years of experience.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
The CDN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The CDN will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
The CDN fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.